The following terms and conditions are applicable for the WODIL Conference and CFIE-hosted student conference registrations.
- Registration does not include such things as travel and accommodation. Delegates are responsible for arranging their own travel and accommodation (see the Accommodation page of the event for suggestions).
- Registering for a special event secures a space for you at the event, subject to overbooking. Unless an additional participation fee is specifically noted in the registration system, any meals provided at the event are included in the congress registration fee. Where such a fee exists, onsite registration for the event may not be available.
- Online registration more than 3 weeks prior to Congress is strongly encouraged. While every effort is made to anticipate onsite registrations, there is no guarantee of space availability, nor the availability of distributed congress materials for onsite registrants. In this case, participation/materials are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, with priority being given to registrants for the full conference.
- Registrations will not be entered into the system and considered valid until payment in full has been received by the CFIE office. In the case of registrations where payment is made by cheque, the CFIE office MUST receive a payment within 10 working days after submission of the registration for it to be accepted into the registration system as submitted and participation in events secured. Should payment not be received within the prescribed time period, the registration will be nullified and bookings in events opened up to other delegates. In the case of registrations received at the early rates but nullified after the early rate is no longer available, the delegate will be required to register at the regular conference rate.
- Fees are subject to the date of registration and the registrant’s membership status and type.
- Registrations are accepted only through the wodil.ca and diversityconference.ca’s Registration system.
- Accepted payment methods are cheque, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Cheque payments are subject to the terms noted above.
Since the conferences incur certain expenses prior to the conference, it is necessary to impose the following cancellation policy:
- 3 months or more before the event: refund 100%, less $100 processing cost
- From April 1st – June 30, 2021: refund 85%, less $100 processing cost
- less than 7 working days before the event: 50% refund, less $100 processing cost
There are no refunds possible less than 7 working days before the event, however, a substitution from the same organization is possible at any time prior to the conference at no charge. All cancellations must be received in writing – by e-mail, fax, or hardcopy mail.
Refunds will be provided by cheque or by applying a refund to the credit card used in registering. There will be no refunds granted for registrants who do not meet the conditions outlined above. Delegates who do not attend meals, receptions, or coffee breaks included in the registration fee will not receive a refund equivalent to the cost of the meal. There will be no refunds on the awards night or other special event tickets, although the Secretariat might be able to assist you in selling your ticket by maintaining a waiting list should the event sell out.
To contact us for more information or for cancellations, please send an email to [email protected].
- If, CFIE is prevented from carrying out its obligations as it pertains to the Conference you registered for as a result of any cause beyond its control, or such Conference cannot be held or does not occur due to acts of God, strikes, labor disputes, government requisitions, restrictions or regulations on travel, hotel or facility availability, commodities or supplies, war or apparent act of war, terrorism, disaster, civil disorder, epidemic or pandemic, curtailment or restriction on transportation facilities, or any other comparable calamity, casualty or condition (collectively a “Force Majeure”) CFIE shall have the right to immediately terminate the affected Conference without liability and shall be relieved of its obligations to Registrant.
- If the affected Conference is terminated due to a Force Majeure occurrence before the first day of the Conference, then CFIE will reschedule the affected Conference, if and as practical under the circumstances, and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled Conference. If you are unable to attend the rescheduled conference, then you may transfer the registration fee you paid, upon written notification to CFIE management, towards another Conference, which is scheduled to held within 13 months from the date of the affected Conference. CFIE reserves the right, at its discretion, to approve or deny such registration fee transfer requests. If there is a difference in the registration fees between the affected Conference and the alternative Conference, the difference in the registration fees will be charged or refunded, as applicable, on the credit, you used to register for the affected Conference.
- No Cash refunds will be provided under any circumstances. Refunds may take up to 20 business days to process.
CFIE Data Privacy Statement:
- By registering for a CFIE Conference, you agree to allow CFIE and its subsidiaries, Conference suppliers and vendors, to use your personal information in the registration and other Conference related production services, and notification of activities related to the Conference.
- By registering, you agree to receive email and/or print communications from sponsors of the Conference unless you specifically selected to opt-out of sponsor communications during the registration process. If you allow your badge to be scanned on-site at an event by sponsors/exhibitors, you may be added to their mailing list and potentially contacted.
- CFIE does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others
Recording/Photographs at CFIE:
By registering for a Conference, you, Registrant, acknowledge film, video, and photographs are being taken at the Conference. By you attending a Conference and your presence at such Conference, you give unqualified consent to CFIE, and its agents to record, use and publicize your voice, actions, likeness, and appearance, (collectively “recording”) in any manner and media, without compensation or obligation to you or your heirs and assigns; and (ii) CFIE will retain the exclusive right, title and interest (including all worldwide copyrights) to any such Recordings, free of any claims by you or any other person deriving any rights or interest from you.
Conduct at Conferences:
You are expected to behave in a considerate, respectful, and collaborative manner towards all individuals participating in, or providing services, for the Conference you participate in. As such, you shall refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech, and be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Please alert the Conference’s onsite management if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms and Conditions:
As a condition of your attendance at the Conference, you, Registrant, acknowledge and agree you have read and fully understand the Terms and Conditions, as set forth above. By acknowledging your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, below, you knowingly, voluntarily, and without duress, hereby agree to be bound and abide by the Terms and Condition for the Conference you participant in.